This is a blog about music.



you can visit my every day blog here, you contact me via the "ask" box on that blog as well.

Friday, January 7, 2011

this new blog

Hello and welcome to my brand new blogspot blog.

I thought for a long time about where I was headed with my creativity on my Tumblr blog and decided I wanted a fresh start with all the ideas I had floating around my head.

Although I will continue to post things on that blog (I don't think I could ever close that chapter of my life), I wanted to have another domain where I could post in-depth articles about things that fascinate and attract me, things I like to listen to, things I like to look at, places I like to visit, places I want to go, things I want to do,  friends I spend my time with and my life as a 20-something year old woman who lives in (and studies in) Sydney.

As an individual, I am constantly inspired by people and things I surround myself with. I create artworks in mini Moleskine diaries which I post periodically to my Flickr page and sometimes share on Tumblr.

When I was looking for a creative outlet in 2009, after exhausting all hope I ever had of being able to draw, paint or play music, I decided to think outside the square. Scouring magazines at work I stumbled across some photos which had lovely backgrounds which I initially combined to make juxtaposed collages of images. I then decided to take it a step further and decided to combine these paper collages with words, sayings, poems and lyrics that I found had a significant meaning to me into little works of art. To my surprise I got a lot of positive feedback about my work and have even been lucky enough to be featured in an online magazine. 

I find it quite hard to fully express myself - to articulate my feelings into speech - I feel I would just have a cascade of things tumble out of my mouth and into the air if I actually said what was on my mind. I found that some artists and musicians had already said what I wanted to get across perfectly and by me combining them with my art, I found I could have the best creative outlet - a place I could revisit my feelings and emotions - almost like a little diary.

I hope you enjoy this little slice of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment