This is a blog about music.



you can visit my every day blog here, you contact me via the "ask" box on that blog as well.

Monday, March 31, 2014

6. WASHED OUT - PARACOSM

6. WASHED OUT - PARACOSM

My oh my, Ernest Greene is extraordinary.

Ever since I heard the song, "Feel it All Around" from the 2010 EP, Life of Leisure, I have been hooked on Washed Out.

Paracosm is the second album from Washed Out, their first, Within and Without being released in 2011 when I did my first ever uni exams. I interchanged between listening to Washed Out - Within and Without and Bon Iver, Bon Iver during those winter months and both albums hold very special places in my heart... I digress.

We are introduced to Paracosm with "Entrance" which is an instrumental track with birds as backing (?vocals) then we are drawn into the glorious second song, "It All Feels Right" and I can assure you when listening to that song, it does all feel right.

The album follows the same pretence as Within and Without and you know what? that's totally ok. There are some new sounds from Greene but it's always good to stick to what you know.

Dreamy, ethereal and even poignant, this album ends with "All Over Now", the perfect ending to an almost flawless album.

Well fucking done.

listen to
Don't Give Up

It All Feels Right

All Over Now


No comments:

Post a Comment