This is a blog about music.



you can visit my every day blog here, you contact me via the "ask" box on that blog as well.

Monday, March 31, 2014

7. VOLCANO CHOIR - REPAVE

7. VOLCANO CHOIR - REPAVE 




If anyone knows me well or has read this blog, they'd know that I have a big, big, big thing for Justin Vernon (Bon Iver mastermind)... my affinity for his music does not stop with Bon Iver, I am as equally enchanted by Volcano Choir. 
Volcano Choir's original line-up consisted of Jon Mueller, Chris Rosenau, Daniel Spack, Justin Vernon

and Thomas Wincek. Mueller and Wincek both left the band and Matthew Skemp on bass was added. Volcano Choir formed in 2005 and the band released their debut album, Unmap in 2009. The followup to Unmap, Repave is so dense and heavy yet it has a kind of spiritual air to it. 

Repave features Vernon's trademark falsetto-prone and at times husky strains are as evident as ever. 

This album is a delight, I wouldn't expect any less from Volcano Choir and indeed Justin Vernon. 



Listen to 
Byegone

Comrade

and 
Tiderays

No comments:

Post a Comment