This is a blog about music.



you can visit my every day blog here, you contact me via the "ask" box on that blog as well.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

a very belated happy 2012 + Fleet Foxes & Beirut!

Happy (very belated) 2012!


My what a year 2011 was! so many awesome albums and so many gigs were seen, I finished my first year of university complete with my first clinical placement and did extremely well! I hope 2012 is just as good for music AND university - fingers crossed I get a spot on the exchange to Georgetown University in Washington D.C.


All this news aside, let's get down to business. As I was saying, 2011 was an incredible year for music and I was lucky enough to catch the following artists in concert last year:

  • Beach House (x2)
  • Yeasayer
  • Local Natives (x2)
  • Decoder Ring
  • Ernest Ellis & the Panamas
  • The Drums (x2) 
  • Foster the People
  • Gypsy & the Cat
  • Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
  • Two Door Cinema Club
  • Jonathan Boulet
  • The Wombats
  • Noah & the Whale
  • Gotye (x3)
  • Stornoway 
  • The Holidays (x2) 
(those are the ones I remember!) 

Now to 2012! 


In the 25 short days that has been 2012, I have seen both Beirut and Fleet Foxes at the Sydney Opera House - how lucky am I! 


Funny story. As I was settling down for a night of tv after a day spent at the beach I thought I better go and check that my Fleet Foxes tickets were in fact for Tuesday the 3rd of January. INCORRECT. They were for Monday the 2nd and I realised this at 7:45pm and the gig started at 8pm sharp. Cue my frantic rushing and my Mum driving like a rally driver to get us to the concert at 10 past 8. What a legend! It was completely worth it, Fleet Foxes are incredible - they have a really fun stage presence as well which was refreshing and there were lots of laughs in between songs not to mention their amazing graphics they have going on in the background that were done by Sean Pecknold (Robin's brother - the one Blue Ridge Mountains was written about!). 


I managed to get a few shots of Fleet Foxes. Excuse the quality - they were taken up high in the auditorium and on my iPhone. 










And here's a gratuitous shot of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!



stay tuned for more music news!


farväl

No comments:

Post a Comment