This is a blog about music.



you can visit my every day blog here, you contact me via the "ask" box on that blog as well.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

artist spotlight: Washed Out

Because I have just finished my first semester at uni ever (I'm a late starter), I am in total relaxation mode. This week I plan to do the absolute minimum when it comes to physical activity, a challenge that I accept wholeheartedly before I venture back to work next week... Anyway, I thought I'd write a post about one of my favourite dreamy bands, Washed Out who are probably one of the best bands to listen to when... well doing nothing.



Washed Out stems from the brain child Ernest Greene. Greene started out in June 2009 messing around with sounds and eventually posting them online. He was soon on the radars of music bloggers  and there begun the "chillwave" musical journey that is Washed Out.

His first two EPs were released in August and September 2009 and have garnered Greene quite a reasonable following.

His EP, Life of Leisure is a mix of dreamy chillwave with distinct summery and dance-y vibes similar to the ilk of Neon Indian. Notable tracks include "New Theory" and "Feel it All Around". He has had great success with touring all around the world and I had the pleasure of seeing them last December at the Oxford Art Factory in Sydney and met the band after spending an hour or so discussing different keyboards and synths and all sorts of things - a very lovely and friendly bunch of people who make great music - all good in my books!


One of my most anticipated album releases Within and Without is due to drop on the 12th of July, I can't wait to hear the new tunes the band has come up with but here is a delicious teaser of "Eyes Be Closed"



The Life of Leisure EP is available for purchase on iTunes and the album will be out next month.


What do you think of Washed Out? Send me some feedback!

Until next time, Farväl.

No comments:

Post a Comment